Get The Look:
Balayage,Ombré & Highlighted Hair Colour Techniques at Michelle Marshall Salons in Cardiff
Two of the most popular hair colour trends are balayage and ombré. Our hair colour experts in Cardiff have been highly trained to create beautiful bespoke balayage, ombré & Highlighted hair colour looks.
There are several balayage looks to choose from and a multitude of colour options, so make sure you book in for a complimentary hair colour consultation with one of our colour technicians before your appointment. Together we can work out the perfect balayage hair colour for you.
Please note: If you are new to hair colour or have not had your hair coloured with us for 6 months or more, you must have a quick hair colour skin sensitivity test 48 hours prior to your appointment.
To book your hair appointment, please call the salon on 029 2061 1566 / 029 2022 9000 or book online.
The best balayage near me
Balayage, Ombre or Highlights – Which Hair Colour Is Right For Me?
Not sure what the difference is between ombré and balayage?
Balayage hair colour tends to be more subtle with a few sections of colour being added through your roots, blending to give a more dense colour towards the tips of your hair.
The ombré technique gives a more defined colour change with darker roots becoming lighter towards the ends. We are unlikely to add highlights around the regrowth area if you are looking for a dramatic colour change.
Both balayage and ombré are low-maintenance hair colours and we can find the right tones to suit all.
Blonde Balayage at Michelle Marshall SALON
Best Hairdressers in Cardiff
The French word balayage means ‘to sweep’ in a free-hand painting technique which allows our colour experts to add colour exactly where you want it. The look can be created on all hair lengths and colours and can be as subtle or as dramatic as you wish.
Brunette balayage is an increasingly popular look with choices including subtle honey-blonde colour to bright blonde and silver platinum blonde colour trends.
Our hair colour experts have been highly trained to understand exactly how your hair will respond to the hair colouring process. We understand how to apply the colour to achieve the look you desire. We can also protect your hair during your service by using brand NEW to Redken lightening product Flashlift with bonder inside, a lightener with the bonding agent already incorporated in the product which prevents hair damage and breakage that occurs during the lightening process. Your hair will be left looking shiny and feeling strong,healthy and in great condition.
Balayage, Ombré & Highlights – Your Hair, Your Way!
Many clients ask for blonde balayage,ombré & highlights or a mix of all three, but we can also create fabulous hair looks with just about any hair colour from ribbons of blonde to fashion hair colours. For maximum impact, once lightened you can choose to keep the blonde natural looking and overlay with different colours such as pastel pinks & peaches , blues & teals , lilacs & mint ,reds & pinks, purples & greys! The choice is yours.
You may want your balayage to look subtle, or dramatic, perhaps you’re after ombré that is clearly two-toned but you want the definition between the colours to be a more subtle in shades. Whatever look you desire, we are masters in creating the best hair colours so book in for a colour consultation so we can work out the perfect look for you.
Blonding Services At Our Cardiff Hair Salons
As well as balayage, ombré & highlights, we offer a wide range of other techniques to perfect your look. These include:
- Baby Lights – these are delicate, super-fine blonde highlights which deliver the subtle look and dimensional tones seen on young children’s hair.
- Teasy Lights – these are a combination of balayage and traditional foil highlights. They get their name because your colourist will tease or back-comb your hair before hand painting on your highlights. This creates a soft, blended transition between your roots and the highlights.
- Tip Out – also known as Tipping, this technique involves particular pieces of hair being picked out and the ends being backcombed before the colour is applied by hand. It’s great for adding texture and works particularly well on short, choppy cuts as well as long bobs.
- Low Lights – Low lights are 2 – 3 shades darker than your natural shade, and work to add dimension and richness to your hair colour.
- Global Bleaching – this technique allows you to lighten your hair several shades in a single session. Our professional colour technicians have the knowledge and skills to lighten your hair without damaging it.
- Platinum Card – this is one of the ultimate modern colour correction techniques. It allows us to offer the maximum lift in one session by precisely placing numerous foils across the whole head, allowing the individual sections of hair to be saturated in precisely the right product and developed for the right time to achieve the desired result. Book a consultation to find out more and for a personalised quote.
How Much Does Balayage Cost?
Balayage & Highlights Prices at Michelle Marshall Cardiff Hair Salons
|graduate||stylist||senior stylist||designer||Director||Creative Director|
|highlights, Baby lights, low lights, balayage, Teasylights, tip out, platinum card, global bleaching|
|Highlights/Balayage 120 mins||£88.00||£109.00||£140.50||£150.00||£162.00||£164.00|
|face frame foils (10max)||£26.00||£35.00||£38.00||£40.00||£41.00||£43.00|
|Toning / Overlay color over. The top of above add on of service|
|Demi shades Eq gloss Tone perfecter service||£26-36||£31-55.50||£31-55.50||£35-58||£38-62.50||£38-62.50|
|Retouch and Texture|
|Permanent root top up and max of 10 foils (£25)|
|Medium Length Hair||£67.00||£75.50||£83.00||£85.00||£91.50||£91.50|
|Extra Long / Thick Hair||£87.00||£95.50||£103.00||£105.00||£111.50||£111.50|
|Global and Texture|
|Also over permanent color with a max of 10 foils (£25)|
|Medium Length Hair||£79.00||£91.50||£98.00||£101.00||£107.00||£107.00|
|Extra Long / Thick Hair||£89.00||£108.00||£114.00||£117.50||£123.50||£123.50|
Balayage, Ombré & Highlighted Hair Colour at Michelle Marshall Hair Salon, Cardiff
Book in for a hair colour consultation with our hair colour experts at Michelle Marshall Hair Salon so we can work out a plan for your hair. Please call the salon on 029 2061 1566 / 029 2022 9000 or book online.
Don’t forget that you will need a skin sensitivity patch test 48 hours prior to your colour appointment if you have not had your hair coloured before (or in the past six months or more.